Much like Loaded Gun Kitchen’s renowned plant-based dips and patties, this Asian-style quinoa salad recipe by founder, Lynn, is a breeze to whip up and packed full of healthy goodness and flavour.
There is beauty in a crafting a simple salad: throwing cos lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a simple dressing together does not take much effort and can be a delightful meal.
But it is a lot more badass when you are able to take that simplicity to the next level — crafting a salad of your own with crazy flavourful sauces, crunchy toppings, and still have it be hearty and nutritious. This is the Loaded Gun spirit — big flavours, creative dishes, and bright colours to fire up your palate.
This dish was one of the highlights when we visited Lynn at her home kitchen, and serves 2-4 pax.
1. Using a ratio of 1:1 water to quinoa, soak quinoa overnight or for 5-8 hours to remove bitter-tasting saponins.
2. Cook in a rice cooker, using the regular white rice setting. This will yield a firm texture, with a slight pop and chewiness.
3. Prepare the Sexy Green Goddess, lime leaves, and chillies in a bowl.
4. Heat up coconut oil in a saucepan or cast iron until it shimmers and smokes and pour over sauce ingredients.
5. Mix the sauce in the bed of quinoa, diced cucumbers, and your preferred vegetables.
6. Top off with crushed crispy chickpeas and Thai basil leaves. Enjoy!
Gold Leaf Pasta Bowl (extended collection)
Enjoyed this recipe?Tag us at @kra.sanctuary on Instagram.